Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What's in a Name???

Ok, so one of the hardest things that I have had to do over the last few months is choose a name for the baby! Before we knew the sex, I had so many girl names on my list and only a few boy names... Well no surprises in the Lowe family,  but we are having a baby boy! What in the world are we going to name him??? To me this decision was even harder than deciding to have a baby! Clint and I looked through 387 pages of boy names and only agreed upon 3 names (I had many more on my list than he had on his list. Who knew he could be picky about ANYTHING!). After a few weeks of debating between 2 names we made a decision a few months ago.

Now it is time to reveal the name to the world.

The newest addition to the Lowe (and Harmon) Family will be named:


Blake
Patrick
Lowe


We have had a few things made with his name on it as well as taken some cute pictures. Blake is just a name that we both liked. It was on the top of both of our lists. Patrick is Clint's middle name. I have always liked the idea of naming my children after family members and I am very excited that our first born will have his daddy's middle name.

Here are a few of the "Name" Pictures:

Thinks for the Nursery-


Nana made this quilt for Blake and Deborah Lane Quilting Quilted his name in the boarder. 
(More Quilt Pictures will come!)


Nana also made this pillow to go in the rocker in the nursery.


Aunt Shelby got Blake this Alphabet chart with his name on it from Etsy. 

I also have FANTASTIC Letters made by my best friend Ladonna but I can not seem to get a great picture of them. I will work on that soon and update this post later. 


Our good friend from North Carolina, Joe Smith, flew in this weekend to take pregnancy pictures of us. I wanted some with Blake's name so here are just a few that he took. 




















2 comments:

  1. I love love love the one on the playground thingy!!! And cute alphabet chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Very cute name choice. And I love the photos. Very lovely blogging!

    ReplyDelete